Let it be a Book … Rising from the Ashes
Date & Time: May 25th, 2017 @ 9:00 AM
8:30 AM – 9:00 AM
9:00 AM – 9:20 AM
Festival’s opening speech – by Mosul Eye founder
Introducing the participants and the organizing team.
A poem recitation about the festival, written and cited by Amna Thakir Al-Iraqi.
9:20 AM – 10:45 AM
The launching of the festival activities:
– photography exhibit – featuring the photographer: Ali Al-Baroodi, Laith Mohammed, and Ahmed Al-Hayiali. The exhibit consists of about 60 images, displayed in the walkway opposite to the library, some are colored and others in black and white. Each image is with a story and the photographers Will tell their stories.
– An open painting gallery, participating painters: Rahma, Issam, Abdurahman, Younis, and Mohammed. They will paint their vision of the festival.
– A music concert: participating players: Mohammed on Violin, Khalid on Oud, Al-Hakam on Guitar, and Mohammed on Guitar.
– Colorful letters: the guests will participate in creating an ensemble of messages to the world
– Donation: Announcing the beginning of donation receiption from doners.
10:45 AM – 11:00 AM
Every guest carries a book and walk to the alternative location in a straight line to transport the books.
Note: the entrance fees to the festival is a book that you can leave your touch in renovating and reviving Mosul’s libraries. Please be generous to be remembered for as long as your book’s existence.